Use the Step-It-Up Loop Trainer to automatically change the tempo (or pitch) after each (loop) iteration. You set the starting and ending values for tempo and pitch, choose the Step Count (to define number of steps from start to stop), the number of times a step repeats and the behaviour when the current loop/session completes.
Start slow and speed up the tempo to practice and master any section of a song. Use the as a backing track or play along to master a difficult solo. Build up to 1.5X the speed so you can kill it on stage.
- Tap and Hold / Right-Click the () the Step-It-Up Loop Trainer button to reveal the Loop Trainer Settings.
- Set the Start and End Tempo and / or the Pitch after each step.
Choose the start and stop values and the Step Count to determine how many steps for the session. You can also repeat each step a chosen number of times with Step Repeat.
- Choose the End Action. The End Action determines what happens when the session completes. Your choices include:
- Continue Looping - keep looping the current loop.
- Stop Playback
- Disable Looping - disable looping and continue playing the song.
- Restart - start again at the beginning of the session.
- Next Loop - jump to the next loop and start a new loop trainer session.
You can use the Loop Trainer to automatically play a defined number of loops then move to the next loop. If you use LoopMarks instead of AutoLoop you can jump to a discontinuous sections.
- Select a loop you want to practice.
- Tap/Click the () the Step-It-Up Loop Trainer button or type ⌘U to enable.
- Tap Play.
The first loop will play at the “Start Tempo”, then adjust closer to the “Stop Tempo” with each repetition.