AirTurn provides a series of controllers that can be configured to send MIDI commands to Anytune (including PED, PEDpro, DIGIT3, BT200 and BT200S).
Note: The new Apple Silicon (M#) devices require the AirTurn BT500 series of remote controls. Shop AirTurn Pedals.
AirTurn devices send MIDI commands directly to AirTurn controllers. They do not not require a companion app on your Mac or iPhone/iPad.
Program your controller
See AirTurn's "AirTurn Manager Setup for MIDI article for more information.
- Download the AirTurn Manager app from the App Store for iPhone/iPad, or the Mac App Store for Mac.
- Change your AirTurn device to Mode 2 for programming.
See the Manual for your AirTurn device. Usually, you press and hold the mode button for 2 flashes of the red LED, release, and both LEDs will flash 2 times to confirm the MODE 2 setting.
- Run the AirTurn Manager app on your device and connect your controller.
- Configure MIDI messages for each pedal. Select "Pedal Actions" and "Mode 7".
- Assign each Pedal a MIDI CC command:
Mechanism: Use Latch or Command (Anytune ignores the data form most commands)
Type of output: MIDI
Channel Number: 1 (or matched to channel Anytune listens on)
Choose "Custom" and set the CC Number and Data Value to match Anytune
- Click/Tap "Save to AirTurn", "Disconnect" and Close the AirTurn Manager.
You have now sent the configuration to the controller.
- Change your AirTurn device to Mode 7 for MIDI.
- Pair you Controller to your device.
- On Mac: (This set is not required for iPhone or iPads)
- Open Apple's Audio MIDI Setup app.
- Choose Audio MIDI Setup > Window > "Show MIDI Studio"
- Choose Audio MIDI Setup > MIDI Studio > Open BlueTooth Configuration
- Click Connect for your AirTurn device
You are done. Enable MIDI on in Anytune and you are ready to go!
See Remote Control to learn how to map pedal pushes to Anytune actions.
In Anytune for Mac:
- Anytune menu > Preferences > MIDI
- Check Enable MIDI In
- Choose the Channel (to receive). Example Channel 1.
Note: Anytune may receive multiple commands from a single pedal press if Anytune is using the OMNI (All Channels) and your controller is sending on multiple channels.
- Click Name of the Action to want to set in the Channel controllers list.
- Select the Controller Command number to match the value sent by the remote controller in the selector.
Tap "Learn" and then tap the button on the controller to send the command to Anytune and have it set automatically.