Let's say you have several sections of a song that you want to practice in one go.
There are a couple different approaches:
When you enable AutoLoop, the A and B sliders (loop start and end) will automatically move to the marks immediately surrounding the Playhead.
Enable and disable looping to loop sections of a song:
- enable looping and loop the section surrounding the playhead,
- then disable looping to allow the playhead to move to the next section,
- and re-enable looping to loop the new current section.
This requires user interaction to switch loops. A remote control device would allow hands free operation. See Remote Control.
You could use Skip Marks to skip sections between the loops you want to play. See Remove a section of, Edit a song using Skip Marks.
You can use the Step-It-Up Loop Trainer to automatically play a defined number of loops then move to the next loop. If you use LoopMarks instead of AutoLoop you can jump to discontinuous sections.
- Save Loopmarks for each section to play
- Move the playhead to the first loop
- Enable Looping
- Long Tap the Loop Trainer button (older version )
- Adjust the Start Tempo and End Tempo
- Set Step Count and Step Repeat
- Change the End Action to "Next Loop"
- Now Enable The Loop Trainer by tapping and tap Play
Each loop will play the number of steps and repeats as configured and then move to the next loop.
Let's say you want to play a loop a few times and then continue on with the rest of the song.
You can use Step-It-Up Loop Trainer and choose a Disable Looping End Action.
Loop a section and play on
- Define the section you want to loop with the A and B sliders
- Long Tap the Loop Trainer button to reveal trainer settings
- Keep the Tempo at 1.00x and the Step Repeat at 1.
- Set the Step Count to the number of times to repeat the loop
- Set the End Action to Disable Looping and Tap Done
- Enable the Loop Trainer (Tap the button)
- Position the playhead at the beginning of the loop
- Tap Play
The Loop will repeat the number of times set in Step Count and then continue to play the rest of the song.