Transcribe Mode helps you easily work through a song phrase by phrase or note by note.
Enable transcribe mode
- Long Press or Right-Click the Play button to reveal the Play Button Option menu.
- Enable Transcribe Mode.
When Transcribe Mode is enabled:
- a special marker will be added to the Zoomed and Song views indicating the current start position in the song,
- the functions of the Play, Pause, Skip and Replay buttons are altered.
Start position marker
When you tap Play the playhead will move and start playing from the start position. The Skip button now moves the start position marker to the current playhead position, allowing you to work your way through the song and replay small parts over and over until you figure them out.
Transpose (pitch shift) the song first to transcribe in a different key. This is a lot easier than trying to transpose the entire transcribed song later.
|Play||Start playback at the start position marker||Space|
|Pause||Stop playback at the current position||Space|
|Move Start Position (Skip)||Move the start position to the current playhead position||Z|
|Go to Start Position (Replay)||Move the playhead to the start position||
You can also drag the start position marker in the Zoomed view.
A typical transcription session, allows you to work through small sections:
- Tap Play to hear a couple notes and then pause.
- Repeat the Play / Pause operation until you can play the note/chord, or record it.
- Tap Move Start Position (Skip) to move the start position past what you have completed.
- Repeat the Play / Pause operation learn, transcribing or practicing as you go.
Tapping Replay starts playing at the start position marker avoiding pause.
You don’t need to be “transcribing” to find this mode useful.
- You can easily work your way through any track to learn as you play along.
- Use for teaching or learning dance choreography.
Combine Transcribe Mode with Remote Control and work through your song with your hands free to record or play!
Fade-In and Fade-out are disabled when in Transcribe Mode.