Apple Sync Library bug. Anytune will report some purchased and unprotected songs as protected, and will not play them.
Some songs downloaded from your iCloud Library through the Music app Sync Library feature are tagged as "Protected" and Anytune cannot access them. We have reproduced this problem on iOS 14.8 and iOS 15.
Recent updates have minimized this problem, but occasionally a song is still downloaded as protected.
Downloading through the iTunes Store app provides playable non-protected files, but downloading through the Apple Music app will sometimes download an unplayable protected file, for Purchased, Matched and Uploaded songs. These are songs you own.
We have opened a Bug Report with Apple and hope they will resolve the issue quickly.
Apple addresses bugs with the largest impact first. Please report this issue to Apple so they will get it fixed:
- getsupport.apple.com/ > Music > Apple Music > Cloud Music Library > Missing music on IOS device
- Tell Apple:
- I am using Sync Library in the Apple Music app.
- Songs I own and in my iCloud Library are being downloaded as protected, and cannot be played by 3rd party apps including Anytune.
- These songs are "Purchased" and "Matched" in my Library, not Apple Music streamed songs.
- I have contacted the developers and they believe this is an Apple bug/change.
- This is a serious problem. I cannot use the songs I purchased. Please help me.
They may say to contact us (the developer) and it is not their problem. But eventually the message will get through. Thank-you for your help.
There are some other ways of getting the song onto your device and playable.
First delete the song from your device:
- Open Settings app > Music > Downloaded Music
Tap Edit and Tap the Red icon beside the song to delete the song
Tunes Store app
If you purchased the song through iTunes download from the iTunes Store app:
- Launch iTunes Store app
(You may need to search for it or download it from the App Store))
- Tap the More category and select Purchased > Music
- Find your song and Download by tapping
Sync using your computer
If you can disable iCloud Sync and Sync with Finder or Sync with iTunes:
This will ensure audio files you own are moved to your device.
If you have Anytune Pro+ or the Import Pack in Anytune Free you can Import songs (audio files) directly into Anytune.
- Open Anytune
- Go to the Tunes Category .
- Tap the green plus button to reveal the Add menu.
- Choose your import method, Dropbox, Files Picker, WiFi and import the file directly into Anytune.
We are very sorry for the trouble. We hope Apple will provide a fix quickly.