Anytune is now available to everyone on Google Play.
Anytune on Android is a new modern version of the five-star classic Anytune available on Apple.
See Anytune on Android is Here!
Beta Testing ~ Beta testers get early access to features and fixes. We hate bugs and despise crashes, but love new features and strive for perfection. Thank you for your reports and suggestions.
In the Play Store > Anytune details > "Join the beta". See page.
1.2.5 Artwork & streaming improvements (Current)
This update adds
- album artwork to songs in your library,
- ability to jump to the song playing in the queue, and
- sleep control settings to prevent your device from going to sleep while you are practicing.
This update also includes many bug fixes and stability improvements including:
- streaming robustness and better seeking (more to come)
- rebuild of the Apple Music player
1.1.10 Sort, Browse and Queue Updates (Latest)
This update includes some enhancements to improve workflow:
- You can now sort your projects by Title, Artist BPM, Key,
- The Queue is now in the Browse tab and Search is now in the App Bar.
We also included many bug fixes and stability improvements including:
- Spotify time-out issue
- Streaming services are not completely reliable. You may see error messages and need to retry playing streamed songs. See Spotify on Android and Apple Music on Android for more details and recovery procedures.
1.0.2 First Release Update with Fixes
This is the official product release of Anytune on Android! (soft launch)
It is a new modern version of the five-star classic Anytune available on Apple. It has been re-created using the latest technology and a decade of user engagement and requests guiding the design.
This update includes bug fixes and stability improvements:
- Removed forced update
- Fixed Apple Music skip to end
- Fixed several crashes
0.13.6 Last Beta
This update contains many behind the scenes stability and bug fixes:
(Some fixes did not make it in but will be ready soon)
- "new brand" refresh
- complete rebuild of Spotify services and music streaming
- updated membership to subscription, added warnings and links to subscribe page
- playback and time-stretching performance improvements
- handle Spotify world market redirects
- queue no longer shows the mini-player when there is no project loaded
- resuming from last played position fix
- networking issues with streaming services fixes
- authenticating Spotify with Facebook, Google, and Apple support
- restoring the active loop when loading a project fix
- Apple Music search crash fix
0.12.3 Dry Run
This update is still beta but getting closer to the initial product release!
- flick a slider for a quick large adjustment
- search while typing
- completed German translation
- in app help screens
- UI enhancements
- lots of streaming robustness
This update focused on stability and strengthening the foundation by rebuilding major components.
Many improvements and bug fixes including:
- Rebuild and tuning of streaming audio engines
- Localized to German
- Fixes to end of song behaviour in Queue
- Improved seeking in streams
- Performance optimization
- UX improvements
0.10.9 Getting Better
This update is filled with improvements and bug fixes including:
- Faster start-up times
- Search Spotify
- Pause Spotify songs on load
- Delete / Change color of multiple marks
- Play button progress indicator
- Loop selected sections
- Open queue from mini player
- Fixed garbled background audio (most devices)
Tell us if your device has garbled audio when Anytune is in background
- Lots more
Anytune Beta is available to everyone on the Google Play Store.
0.9.11 Spotify has arrived.
Anytune can now play Spotify songs! This is an early access experimental feature still under development with some limitations and known issues. It will get better.
Anytune now can play audio files and Spotify and Apple Music streams!
Spotify and Apple Music tabs can be disabled and removed in settings.
We improved and stabilized the project management queue capabilities. Long Tap a project or queue item to multi-select. Add multiple projects to the queue, delete multiple projects or queue entries.
The Anytune saved data is not deleted when deleting the app.
Many UX refinements, bug fixes and stability improvements including:
- Improved streaming playback and queue stability
- improved handling of songs that fail to load
- importing robustness to avoid crashes and provide more feedback when importing bad files
Anytune Beta is now available to everyone on the Google Play Store.
Private Alpha is now Public Beta
0.8.8 Repeat, Pause, Queue Enhancements
Repeat and "Pause at End" commands added to the Queue top tool bar.
You can Repeat a song or the entire queue with the familiar three state button. Repeat the song you are working on, or repeat the Queue to practice an entire set.
"Pause at End" of a Song will, well, pause when the playhead reaches the end of the song. This is handy to break when looping a song and in-between songs in the queue.
The last played song and contents of queue is saved and restored after quitting Anytune.
The Tabs are re-styled with added icons.
We updated the Apple Music login token. If you see a blank screen when attempting to Login to Apple Music you need this update.
Lots and lots of rebuilding, bug fixes and stability enhancements.
Spotify will be in the next update, very soon.
0.8: Stream Handling and Robustness
We did lots of work under the hood spending time getting the foundation right.
You can now Browse the songs in you Apple Music playlists in the Apple Music Tab.
We did a lot of work to handle streamed audio. You will see some new messages and better seek performance and handling of long songs and Apple Music timeouts. Anytune automatically reconnects after Apple Music connection time-out. Still some improvements to do.
Easily see if the song is on your device or streaming with source artwork placeholders.
Tap the audio file in Project Info to change or locate a missing audio file.
This update includes a lot of rebuilding, bug fixes and stability enhancements.
We value your input and ideas as we work to make Anytune even better! Invite your friends to Alpha.
0.7 New Music Queue
The big change you will see in this update is a music queue to save, order and play a set of songs. You can add projects to the top or bottom of the queue and drag songs in the queue. You will see a new button on the top left of the Player. Tap to view the Queue and the Marks list.
Lots more improvements, bug fixes and stability enhancements including Apple Music login fix.
Apple Music is getting solid. Spotify is coming.
We value your input and ideas as we work to make Anytune even better!
0.6 Alpha Apple Music Stability
This update contains many Apple Music improvements, bug fixes and stability enhancements.
It also includes a new token required to login to Apple Music. The old token expired. If you see a blank screen when attempting to Login to Apple Music you need this update.
This update includes the foundation for the music queue. The queue will allow you to manage playback of more than one song. Nothing to see yet. We are completing the work to ensure the queue is smooth for local files and streamed songs. The queue is planned for the 0.7 release.
0.5.8 Alpha Search and Apple Music
Anytune on Android now supports Apple Music! Sign in to your Apple Music account or start a Free Trial and create projects from any song on Apple Music
We also added a Search tab. You can now search your existing projects, device library and the entire Apple Music catalog right from Anytune.
Streamed music does have some limitations. You will be able to apply time-stretching (adjust the tempo), set marks and loop sections.
The waveform will not be accurate, pitch-shifting, and analysis is not available.
Some functions will be disabled. To access the full power of Anytune please add non-DRM protected files onto your device.
We will be working to remove the limitations and improve performance. Why Apple Music on Android? It was the easiest. Our vision is for Anytune to play music from any source on any platform. We plan to add Spotify next.
We fixed some crashes to make Anytune more stable.
It is all new!
This is the first invitation only alpha of Anytune on Android.
It will have bugs and lots of changes to come.
- Play a song from your Library to create a Project
- Long Tap any button for help and settings.
- Double Tap a slider to toggle between default and your last setting.
- Double Tap objects in the waveform view to select and apply actions.
Watch the Quick Start Tutorial video:
We will bring all the great features of Anytune and more.
We value your input and ideas and hope you join us on our journey to make Anytune awesome!