Anytune's active playlist/queue is the list you played the current song from. If you play a song from the Songs category your current playlist will be the entire Songs category from your music library. If you select a song in an Anytune playlist the current playlist will be that playlist.
You can add songs to, and reorder songs in, the current playing playlist while a song is playing. However the playlist must be a Anytune playlist. Anytune cannot alter iTunes playlist in any way.
Manage your playing playlist:
- Tap Tunes category to view existing playlists and folders.
- Select a playlist and Tap a Song to Play. This Playlist is the Current Playlist.
The Playlist will play in the order displayed unless you have Shuffle enabled.
Tapping the Current Playlist button in Tunes view will go to the Current Playlist.
Add a song:
- Tap the Add button when viewing the Current Playlist.
- Choose the Song to Add. Tap Done.
This will add the song to the end of the Current Playlist.
Rearrange the playlist:
First ensure the Playlist is being sorted Manually. Tap and choose Manual.
- Tap the Edit button.
- Drag the songs by the handle to reorder the songs in the playing playlist
If you drag a song above the currently playing song it will not play until the playlist repeats.
- Tap Done
Note: If you do not Tap the Add button while viewing the Current Playlist; but instead Tap a song from outside the Current Playlist (say the Songs category) it will play immediately and crush your party's vibe.
There are some settings that affect how a playlist plays.
In Settings > Playback Options:
- Playlist Repeat - Enable to continue playback at the first song when the end of the playlist is reached.
- Stop at End of Track - Enable to stop playback when the end of the rack is reached.
- Move to the Next Track - Enable to go to the next track after stopping at the end of the track.
This is only available when Stop at End of Track is enabled.
Why Move to the Next Track?
First you Enable "Stop at End of Track". The playhead stops at the end of the track.If "Move to the Next Track" is enabled the playhead moves to the beginning of the next song.If it is NOT enabled the playhead moves to the beginning of the current song.
This might be used if you were working your way through a set list if songs. The music would stop at the end of the song and then pressing play would start the next song. Use Remote Control for performances.
Please sign in to leave a comment.