So, you have a shiny new device and you want to move all of your songs and settings onto it:
Apple has a process to Transfer content from an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to a new device.
The process is basically:
- Update Anytune to the latest version
- Backup your old device to iCloud or iTunes (make sure to transfer purchases including Anytune)
- Use one of the transfer methods:
- Quick Start: Use your iPhone or iPad that's already running iOS 11 or later to automatically set up a new device.
- iCloud: Transfer your data and purchased content to your new device from your previous device's iCloud backup.
- iTunes or Finder: Transfer your data and purchased content to your new device from a backup you made with iTunes or Finder.
- Start Anytune
You may still need to sync your content to your new device:
- If you are using the iCloud Music Library: Open the Apple Music app and Download your songs. Anytune will tell you a song is in the cloud.
- If you Sync with iTunes: Sync your music to your device with iTunes using USB or WiFi.
The backup/restore process will move all of your Anytune settings and all of the songs imported from sources other than iTunes (i.e. Dropbox, WIFI, and Open-In) to the new device.
Note: Anytune does not save a copy of songs that are already available in your device’s music library. This avoids duplicating the song and taking up more space on your device. Sync your new device with all music you had on your old device before starting Anytune on your new device.
The restore process will install the latest version of Anytune on your new device but will use the data that is in your backup. Apple recommends using a backup that contains all the latest versions of installed apps. Please update Anytune before creating a backup of your old device.
Songs imported directly into Anytune are saved in Anytune's container which is included in the system backup. This process will move all songs imported directly into anytune from your old device to your new device.
What if I didn't use Apple's transfer process?
If you did not execute this process, you can still import your settings from your old Anytune into your new Anytune. Anytune allows you to save your song data (settings, lyrics, notes and marks), for all or a single song, to iCloud or a file. This allows you to share your music meta data across your devices or with your friends.
- Tap in Anytune on your new device
- Choose the desired backup file
Look for the most recent "<device> Automatic Backup" from your old device
- Tap Restore All Above OR Select the desired song and tap Restore
Anytune does not save your song files to iCloud, it only saves the data. Data syncing works like a backup and restore. First, backup your song data, then restore the song data to matching songs on whichever device has the same song files. The songs must be in your media library or imported to Anytune before you can play them in Anytune.
Songs imported directly into Anytune can be exported from the Anytune on your old device and imported to your new device. However, songs can only be exported one at a time.
See Sharing song data (configs) and Sharing songs across devices. for more information.